Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Didn’t I do that already?

There is a good sale coming up at a favorite online store just after Christmas so I will probably place my order for the last few things I need then; that only means to me that I don’t have long until I need to decide on a front door!!! :P

If you can remember far enough back I had “made” a door out of two doors for my Fairfield.  (I would have stolen that door, but it met a sad demise). 

I took a Houseworks 1/2scale Palladian Door H6015 and a Houseworks 1/2scale Traditional 4-Panel Exterior Door, H6001…

006_thumb
And blended them together to get the same standard door that is often seen on many RGT houses.  At the time it seemed to me the perfect “kitchen” type door. 

Here is the “finished” product…
007_thumb

And here it is in the wall for the Fairfield Kitchen…
008_thumb

I do remember that I had to cut the door part a little bit to fit into the new frame.  I cut from the base of the door, as it seemed it would be less noticeable, my cut still ended up crooked, but I don’t think you can really tell. 

I’m trying to decide on just the right door.  I am torn between a few right now… here are my choices… let me know what you think, maybe that will help me decide! :)

Door A:
The Victorian door
w/the header cut off
 Door B:
The Palladian door
w/the header cut off
 Door C:
The Victorian Glazed Door
 Door D:
My combination
Now, looking at them all-together, I'm almost leaning towards my "combination"... what do you think?  I think it fits the "farmhouse-y" feel that I'm going for a little bit better than the rest of them. 

I think the 1st Victorian is out, it's too much and will distract from the rest of the house, (not to mention you won't really see the header as the porch ceiling will cover most of it).  The 2nd door looks a little too "regal" to me with the frame...do you agree?

1 comment:

  1. I like the door you made. Perfect for the kitchen and a great country door. OH - and what sale????

    ReplyDelete