Monday, November 21, 2011

Main Windows...

Well, I'm camped out here at the worse end of the whole dollhouse building experience.

At least in my opinion anyways :)

I am starting this week working on my components, (components being the doors, windows, porch posts, trim, etc.).  I find that they are the most tedious part of this entire process.  I almost despise painting windows, to the point of being attracted to a specific style of house, depending on the amount of windows!!!

A favorite mini-blogger has said numerous times that you should work on your components, paint and assemble(if necessary), prior to the build itself.  It helps to not only keep the parts together, but also because you will find these pieces are done and ready, waiting for you to need them.  I took this piece of advice to heart when building the 1/2scale Bungalow and came out successful, so figured I'd do it again. 

Which really only means I'm stuck doing this now, but at least getting over with means the fun part can start that much sooner!!!

Now, let's bring you up to speed...

The country farmhouse kit itself has 4 main windows, 1 bay window and 2 round attic windows, 2 porch posts, 1 porch header, and a front door, all as standard pieces.  I must be a glutten for punishment, because I added a double french door, I'm adding at least 2 more windows, and possibly putting in a kitchen door. 

The 4 main windows that come included with the country farmhouse kit look like this...
I chose (mainly because I had enough leftovers in my stash) to upgrade these windows to this one...

Houseworks #H5032 
I didn't want just an all white, plain white window, and tried to think of complimentary colors to the Italian Sage Green that I chose for the main body of the house.  I ended up with a color called Linen.  I painted the interior part of the window white, (as RL windows look like this in my opinion, so I thought it made sense) and the frame around the window the Linen color...
This is what I ended up with...

I painted the interior/opposite side all plain white and was finally able to finish all 4 main windows. 

I am keeping the green few and far between as the house itself will be painted in the green.  I thought it would over-board adding too much of anything else green... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment