Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Permanent Residence...

A few (old) posts back, I may have mentioned I was working on my craft-room...well, it was finally finished during my leave of absence... ;)  We re-painted the walls, and all the coordinating trim in the room, and set it up to create a beautiful play area for my daughter and a nice space for me to craft in.

The house is comprised of the RGT Hawthorne house and the RGT Mansard addition for one side.  On it's own the house is substantial.  After a trip to the RGT Clearance sale, and a great deal, I might be adding a 2nd addition kit to the other side, (eliminating the side porch, stay tuned for more on this...it's still up in the air).  I had intended to build the mansard addition to be separate from the house, (and just push it against the house), making it much easier to maneuver.  With the possiblity of adding this second addition kit, this is even more necessary. 

However given that when all of this is put together it is  going to be rather substantial, so finding a home for it became rather necessary.  My original idea was to use my sofa table and create a base for it under that.  However, as my husband explained, (and even though I don't want to admit it, he's right), it's depth is not really there. 

So I ended up picking up this table at good ole' Walmart for under $40.00.  It's looks small in this picture, but it is just wide enough and just long enough to support the weight of the entire structure.  I still intend to create a base for the house, as I would like to make a "yard" of sorts... but it works for now.  It folds in half for storage, and very versatile, so we can use it for something else if necessary...

No comments:

Post a Comment