Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A lesson learned the hard way…

I have certainly learned my lesson.  I will never again purchase a house with any parts of MDF in it...just when I get back started blogging and getting serious about this dollhouse this time, I get hit with some disappointing news. 
 
I sort of explained to you the situation with my MDF exterior walls and the problems that they are creating with these "divit" things, well yesterday after a very disappointing dollhouse-filled day, I finally had to admit defeat. 
 
I had previously put DAP onto each and every clapboard, painstakingly sanding away at my DAP covered walls and then yesterday I finally decided that I wanted to see some of the glory of my hard work.  I cleaned up one exterior panel and went to work priming!!! 
 
Talk about counting your chickens before they are hatched!!!
The walls are still just as bad, almost as if I had done nothing at all to them. 

As a result of this, I am super upset and super frustrated, I refuse to keep sanding, and I refuse to do anything else but replace these walls.  I truly do not want any of this MDF anywhere now.  I’ve put money into it, and planned out everything so nicely, that building it in it's current condition would be very depressing to me.  So now, no matter how much I sand and sand away, I’M always going to know that it looks this way, and I'm too much of a perfectionist to put it together looking this way. 

The cost of new walls is very far out of my budget…it’s not even a possibility at this point.  So my husband and I sat down yesterday and had a long discussion about it, probably a longer discussion than a dollhouse, namely this one, deserves!  We finally came to the only solution we could, put it away until maybe my daughter is a few years older, and old enough to help me work on it, and then, maybe we will be able to spend the money to purchase the better walls.  So I guess that until then it’s going to be stored away. 
 
Very sad, and a very hard lesson learned… :(

No comments:

Post a Comment