Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here you go... ;)

Alright...here you go "Honey"... ;) 

I don't have too much to report...(I'm still slaving away at sanding each and every clapboard on each and every single wall...and it's painful to my arm and incredibly time consuming...)  

I had mentioned previously my intention to replace the standard front door with one with side lights.  I knew going into this kit that changing the front door was completely necessary, it was just to blah for a house such as this.  I don't know why, but ever since my very first dry fit, the foyer called to me for sidelights in the front door.  I caved...I ended up with the Houseworks Sunburst door, just slim enough to fit into the tiny alloted space and allow for exterior lights. 

My dh finally got around to cutting out the new door opening for me, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I actually like it!!!  It fits perfectly even and allows for me to have the exterior lights that I want...
You can see from the photo that I have some work to do at the very top where the "sunburst" that I cut out would go...I chose not to cut out this opening on the interior, so I will fill that gap that remains from the inside...

While he was at it, he also cut the third floor side windows for me... I also knew that I wanted to put a window into each side of the third floor.  I am not using this as attic space and being a HUGE fan of natural light, it, to me, achieves just that.   

Finally...I had needed another of these third floor windows (shown in place above), while poking through the store website, I came upon this style, (shown below) and ordered enough to replace the ones shown above, 1 dormer and 2 side-walls.  I will cut the pediments off of these as I did with the main house windows and I think they will fit in much better with the theme of the house. 


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are back! I've missed reading your blog and following your Woodstock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! And thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete