Friday, November 4, 2011

Sanding stinks!

I love your comments, and I hope you don't think I'm rude not to respond...for some reason I can't!!! :P  So if you ever have a question or comment, I do read them, I appreciate them very much :) and I will answer in the next post... :)

I told you about my mistake of a lifetime with this house...NOT double checking that all of it was MDF!!!
I place blame else-where because I'm too immature to accept it myself... :P

Anyways... I showed you previously that my house looked like either the neighborhood children hate it and throw their baseballs at it, or one day maybe the owner got mad at it and started hitting it with his golf club, or like a fellow mini-blogger commented, "maybe it was in a freak hail storm!"

Just a refresher of what I'm dealing with... 

No matter what the cause...it had to be fixed...I felt that it just wasn't good enough to sand it and pretend that it didn't exist...if I'm going to spend the money on the kit and I'm going to put the work into it that I plan on, this exterior look was completely un-acceptable to me!

I had contacted the company and requested a price on replacing all the MDF walls w/milled plywood walls...well, out of my budget... so the really only other solution was to DAP each clapboard with a thin layer, (a steel spatula tool worked the best for this) and then sand it back off again...

I used DAP that goes on pink and dries white
as everything was primed before I encountered this problem,
made life easier!
*Sorry, the camera lens was fogged up because it spent the night in my cold car!

This is what it looked like once it was all dried...:P
I'm now at the point of sanding all of this back off again
...and it's soo much fun!!! :P 
NOT!

*but...it does look really good... :P

I have a system going at this point, sand 7 clapboards, vaccum up the dust, go back, touch up, vaccum...I could go into business with this new talent of mine, do you think there's a market for DAPing dollhouse walls?

I will end up replacing some of my pre-painted walls...4 at this point, with the milled plywood versions.  They are just beyond repair.  I'm waiting until I finish sanding all the walls and get a coat of paint on them...once I see the final finished product and depending on the final outcome...I may have to breakdown and go for all the walls... :P


No comments:

Post a Comment