Monday, November 14, 2011

Finalizing the plans…

I first want to say “HELLO” to my new follower…Kathi at Beautiful Mini Blessings.  I found her through another mini-blog and think she’s very talented.  Kabrina - you DEF. need to crack that box open and build along w/me!!! :)

Secondly...Audra - I have been working in "Live Writer" and instead of saving to my dashboard it "posts" when I'm finished...though I'm not yet ready to post it to my page yet...that's probably what you are missing.

I have been working on getting some plans set down for this house, in the earlier stages of my “mini”-ing I had read this great book and it explained that you should make up a binder for your projects.  In your binder you should have some samples of wallpapers, fabrics, paint swatches, instructions, photos, design ideas, etc.  This made a lasting impression on me, it really helps to keep ideas straight for the particular build, a want/wish list, a lighting plan, etc.  It really helps, I’ve found, to slow down the “over-buying” that can often happen in mini. 
 
I have no idea how, but I was able to squeak out enough time to go through the box that had the pieces of the farmhouse, and various other 1/2scale items, I even found the missing directions.  A few things were not accounted for, but I was able to contact RGT and re-order all of the missing items. 

Previously I had painted all the ceilings white and stained the floors in Red Mahogany 225 by Minwax. 

Stained Floors…
Floors01
 
I am debating right now on going to a lighter stain color or not, they are very orangey-red! 
 
I am still going to cut new window holes in the attic windows, here’s a recap on some dry-fits that I did.

Side 1


Side 2

 
I did cut the door hole for the side door already…
Doorway02

I was right about needing a new front door, I am still deciding which one to go with and then I will be placing an order for it.  I also have decided to add some light to the house.  I am only going to put in a few lights…probably something lit on each floor.  I will have an exterior light, a fireplace light, a bedside light, a desk light and 1 little trick light, (more on that later). 

I think putting electricity in this house will be relatively easy.  I have all the lights I need already, (thanks to leftovers) and I have all the electrical supplies I need, (thanks to leftovers).  I will have to do a more detailed mock-up of the lighting plan before I start construction though. 

I do have to finish some clean-up work and organizing in my craft area and then I will be ready to build!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh - thanks for explaining! I thought I was going craz(ier)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't I wish! I haven't had a chance to mini in a few weeks and it's driving me mad! LOL Barely getting the time to catch up on a few blogs.

    ReplyDelete