Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Necessary, but boring!!!

I first off want to say thank you to those of you who sent lovely comments and emails...they are greatly appreciated!!! :)  I also wanted to add, that I should have written in my opening line, that although I have left you in the past, I don't intend to do it again.  Of all things that I enjoy keeping up with online, my blog is one of my favorites, and I've chosen to leave some of the others behind for it.

My mini hobby is going to be in full swing now, I live on the east coast and we got dumped on this weekend...26+ inches of snow & rain & ice...it was a good thing, for me, that it didn't cause a power outage, like the ice-storm in 2008, (we were out of power for 15days!)... check out some shots to share... (I totally make fun of people who live on the east coast for taking pictures of snow too!!!)

The tracks are from my dog at midnight,
(I couldn't get him past the door to go to the bathroom)

This is from my front door, looking into the door to my garage
(that is my husbands work truck, he took his Jeep to go plowing all night)

This is my back deck!  My garden is GONE...
(typically we have at least 2-3wks before snow, so I hadn't winterized it yet... :(
 Moving on...

I have no pictures to share really... I've only been painting, priming, sanding and other completely boring, but very necessary.  The ledges and facia for both the addition and the tower are now done, and I have one more step to complete on the main windows and they will be finished. 

I intend to have all my doors, windows and other components done before I start the main structure.  I got this tip from one of my favorite bloggers who has built almost every single Greenleaf house on the market...and it's a great one!!!  I did this for the 1/2scale Bungalow and it just makes it that much easier.

I ended up doing a color change about a 1/4 of the way through the DAP process...I got completely tired of the color I think, from sanding and painting and sanding and painting it!!! :P  As a result I do need to change the color of the front door and because of all the difficulty I had getting it to the black I wanted, it's not going to turn lighter very easily.  So I am in need of a new front door, (not a different style, just a new door, I've sanded and worked the one I have to oblivion!!!)... I'm super excited about the color prospect so I hope I can get the components done soon so I can show off!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ya know what? Pictures would be awesome!!! Show the craft room, the progress of the house...I don't care if take pics of the wood sections! Stop being such a tease!! :0)

    ReplyDelete