Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Changing Course…

So I spent most of the day Monday packing up the Woodstock and moving it downstairs.  It’s carefully put away, and along with all my grand plans, it’s awaiting it’s glory day…until then it will hibernate in the basement.

In having to pack all of these things up and move them, I did a lot of thinking.  I realized that while I’m down, I’m not really out… ;)

I semi-forgot that I have the 1/2scale Country Farmhouse sitting in a box, unfinished in the basement.  I'll have to go through the box and make sure I have everything I need to finish working on this…and we may have found the newest subject for my blog!

The next idea I have is inspired by another miniature maker…she is doing a sort of replication of her childhood home and turning it into a haunted house.  While I don’t want to re-create my home, or make a haunted house, the “childhood” theory struck a chord with me. 

My very first dollhouse was a Greenleaf Coventry Cottage.  My house was never fully finished, (no porch posts, no shingles, no windows or frames, and no paint really to speak of, I still loved it!!!  I remember my birthday party that year, I had gotten a bunch of pieces of furniture for it, I had decorated it with stickers and towels for rugs.  I had ended up giving it to my cousin,when I felt I was too old to keep it, and it got crushed by my grandpa when he accidentally fell on it. 

I had tried to re-create it a while back, and I didn’t have much success with my newbie status and since then have wanted to do it again.  I realized that I have just enough left in gift certificates from HBS to get one with a good sale, so that could be another possibility.  A third and final maybe is a Greenleaf Glencroft.  A close friend did one and I was able to help a little, I love it and think I could have a lot of fun with one, but I’d need a great sale at HBS for that to come true.

So for the time being I’m going to see if I can find some free time to work on the 1/2scale Country Farmhouse.  So stay tuned for more… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment