Friday, May 4, 2012

The Newport Kitchen (part I) ~

I suppose for now that I've played enough with my older photos and it's time to get back to work. 

I am in the need of waiting for supplies before I can do anything more to the house, so until then, I have been poking around online for inspiration photos, pieces, etc.  I had imagined that I would be using the majority of the furniture that I already own, (and some special pieces I had chosen just for the Woodstock).  However, the farther along I get with this house, the more it doesn't seem that will be. 

The elements of design I had for the Woodstock and the idea of it, was that of a very elegant style.  It had a large kitchen and a separate dining area and a home office.  The more I dry-fit, review and think about this house, it seems that it wants to take it's own direction with the decor scheme.  To me, the Newport wants less of the fuss, it's got an eat-in kitchen and is requesting a family room. 

If you remember from a previous post, I had picked this dining room set with the Woodstock in mind.  I thought the natural transition would be to put it into the Newport. 


Well, it seems the Newport has decided against this, because I found this photo, (of a RL dining set) and I can almost hear the cries coming from the craft room! 

I really LOVE the black against the wood grain, and the color on the wall with the white trims...to me, this is a very nice room, elegant, but relaxed, and I am going to base the rest of the interior decor designs around this photo.  I think that I could replicate this room very easily, but because the Newport is a combination kitchen and dining room, the kitchen might call for black cabinets to match.  However, I have a few layout ideas in mind, and I'm tossing around the idea of making the large living room into a combination living/dining room, rather than combination kitchen/dining room. 
The cabinet set I had intended for the Woodstock was my Bespaq set, and for the bargain basement price I paid for it, changing it to alter where the design of the Newport will go is not completely out of the question. 


I do have this cabinet set (with a few more matching pieces), and painting these cabinets to fit in with the above room wouldn't be horrible, but not ideal either...what do you think?
Lastly I could always do the Houseworks cabinets...but I'm leaning towards a no on this one!!! :P


1 comment:

  1. Wow. For me the HW kitchen looks overwhelming - too much work. I like the small set, but it seems to small for the grand table. Wouldnt balance everything out. Bespaq wins my vote

    ReplyDelete