Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Newport Living Room (part I) (do-over post) ~

No, you are not seeing double, I made you another living room post...I did a dry-fit after I published that post, and thought you might want to see some real photos and my direction...

Here is the whole living room, with the kitchen divider in place. 

I wanted to break the room down by sections so you can get a visual for the direction I want to go. 

First is the front door and staircase...
I am playing with some ideas on what to do here.  I need a doorway into the addition kit, and while I like the reversed staircase, (facing the front door), I'm not settled on that being it's final position.  If it is, it will probably have a small closet or a built-in with a bookcase design that I have been playing with.  The staircase itself is the Houseworks slim staircase.  It was a place-holder at first, (I am up-grading the MDF staircases that are standard with the kit) but surprisingly it's now really growing on me and working with the fit of the room.

Next is the kitchen wall...  

The divider in place works here for my kitchen layout, however the doorway on the back of the house will be filled in and flush.  The furniture seen here is not just place-holders, they will all remain, and pretty much exactly where they are. 
Next is the half bath...
The idea for the half bath is not my original, Brae/Otterine came up with the idea for using this corner space as a half bath.  It makes a lot of sense because, typically you wouldn't have the main bath on the second floor of the house be the only bathroom in the whole house. 

A bathroom should be constructed either here or under the staircase.  Here is best, it takes up this really non-use-able space.  The furniture is definitely place-holders!  I have something much more modern planned for this space, a realistic toilet and something along the lines of this for the sink...

I'm still up in the air about a lot of decisions, nothing is final...but it will give you a peek into my thought process...

No comments:

Post a Comment