Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Newport Office (part I) ~

I'm going to first admit, that I had a WHOLE blog post, with pictures for this room...then I did a dry-fit!

I had been playing with an idea in mind to bash on a window to the side of the house, (the addition side wall), and this was the window I wanted to use. 

I really thought in my mind that this would look great...so I decided to see what it would really look like, I had one of these windows in my "stash" so I put it on the side of the house...

I HATE IT!  It couldn't be worse for this space...

I hemmed on this for a few hours today...debating in between love and hate, (literally going back and forth because part of me does like it).  Well, in between this dry-fit and re-writing this blog post, I read a blog post by another miniaturist, Emily.  I got soo inspired by the deck that she made for her house that I decided to try to do something like this of my own...(didn't hers come out great?)  So I thought that rather than a window, what about a door, that leads to a (detachable) deck? 

Here is what it will look like, (from the inside). 

The door to the right goes into the living room.  The bricking will not be part of the decor of the room.  I would like to keep this room very light and airy.  The idea behind this room is an office.  The "mom" is a designer, and this is her office, so it will be very white and bright...I like the red floral for the room, with a white bookcase and white desk?  Maybe some cream color on the walls? 

I could also go with a yellow and blue color scheme using this piece... 


What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Much better- the window definitely doesn't fit with the rest of the picture. I love blue and yellow on anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both ideas. But in a love/hate with the window. What if you lowered it down?

    ReplyDelete