Monday, May 7, 2012

The Newport Living Room (part I) ~

A big HELLO to my newest follower, Ginger... :)

I showed you some photos the other day on some design inspiration I had been having for the Newport kitchen, I found a nice groove with that and thought I would share some more and move over into the living room. 

The furniture that I have planned for this room is by Lee's Line.  I find that Lee's Line creates the most realistic miniature style furniture for my taste, and you will find that my house will be full of it!  I luck out with finding pieces on Ebay for very reasonable prices,

The print that I have is called Bren Tweed...it's not really perfectly to my taste in this color/fabric...but I'm going to work with it because I got the entire set at an incredible deal...


Some of my mini friends might remember this photo from the Woodstock... 

In preparing for the Woodstock I had found some really interesting textured scrapbook paper at Michaels that I picked up, I'm thinking that I could use this first color in the kitchen, and then coordinate it back into the living room, or use the second color as they seem complimentary to me... what do you think?



This set also coordinates very well to blue, (as there is some blue in the fabric of the sofa)...here is a room box done, by Happily Ever After.  It was featured on their Facebook page, and when I saw it, design inspiration hit me!!!  This slate blue could coordinate back to the kitchen color featured above, what do you think?  


If I chose to use this blue on the wall, I might include the black chair rail, but I'm unsure if I would use the white below, although it does add a nice touch of elegance to the room.  I would probably also paint the furniture legs to black so it would better coordinate back to everything...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment