Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Newport Kitchen (part I) (do-over post) ~

Well, really, did you think I would give you a new living room post and not a new kitchen post?

The whole reason behind the dry-fit in the first place was to decide on the kitchen.  I told you previously that I had a design in mind for the kitchen.  I put the house together (with tape) and put the furniture in I had as place-holders, executing my idea...

Here is what it looks like...
The door to the right rear is going outside...the door to the left rear is going to be filled in to create more wall space.  I imagine that the sink will go here if I stay with this layout.  The rounded island, (next to the stove) will have a blind corner cabinet that would look flush once finished.

Bit of a background and off pace here...

I had purchased this kitchen set, with the other two matching pieces, (shown above)...I detested the countertops, so I sprayed them with textured spray paint to change the countertop color.  The sink is not pictured because, (if I use this set) I need to order another one... Long story short, I tried pulling the sink out, it didn't work out well!









So just for comparison I put up the Bespaq set...


I am in LOVE

What do you think? 

3 comments:

  1. I would also say the Bespaq set.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. bespaq. maybe have a small apartment in one of your homes and use that set

    ReplyDelete