Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Improved Bay Window? ~

I was playing around the middle of last week and found some spare parts...I had three bay window kits from the RGT Bostonian I had (once upon a time) planned to renovate...

I put one together and I think I like the way it looks.  It's the same style window as the Newport windows, so it almost looks like it should be standard with the kit!

Bay window next to the standard Newport window
(the Newport window has a sill that is not shown)

The next thing I did was check to see how it would look if I put it on the study wall...
Here's the same wall with the door...
I am undecided on which I like better.  I am leaning towards not adding the deck idea because that would make the house really WIDE!  I can still use the door, but I would probably just put a staircase going down to the oustide and still leave the deck off...

I like the bay soo much that I thought about trying it in another spot. 
I surprisingly have just enough parts to make a third bay window
and I could add to the second floor in the same spot.

Here it is inside the house...
What do you think?

1 comment: