Monday, May 14, 2012

Front Porch (part I) ~

A big pet peeve of mine is the porches that are given to dollhouse kits.  I mean, they sell gorgeous outdoor furniture, why can't we have a nice full porch to display it on?  Instead they give us this tiny little ledge and then everything looks squished! 

The Woodstock came with this type of porch/front stoop set up...

I had huge plans of bashing up this porch to no end!  The upper porch would have been cut to the end corner, and the material would have been used to extend the first floor porch wider...It's sad really, the more I play with the Newport, the more I miss my original ideas of the Woodstock!

Moving on...

I am playing around with extending the front porch on the Newport.  I think I will let my blog followers help me decide on what I should do...
First option...
This is my Raine Take A Seat set...
You can see the extended porch foundation in place in this picture.  I like the smaller porch, however it eliminates the use of railings, which I could take or leave really!  I don't intend for this to be the place for this chair and ottoman...but it shows I have options...
Option Two... 
Extended porch w/two rockers
You can see here my porch extension piece, (cut from leftovers from another project).  This gives the opportunity to add the two chairs and have some space, (if I go with this I will add a little table too).  This also lets me add railings around.
Just another view of Option One... 
Same rockers without the extension...makes it tight, but still workable, again I wouldn't have railings...maybe just the side of the door? 

What do you think it should look like?

1 comment:

  1. I like the first wicker set and extended porch. I must say - I like the railings though.

    So what is going on with the Woodstock??

    ReplyDelete