Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Help Is Just Around The Corner...

YEAH!!!  After less than a week my Newport arrived!


I placed the order on Monday and it's been showing in my queue as "Backordered", since it's shipping direct from the manufacturer and I assumed it would take a while for my order to process.  Friday I went out for the day and came home and there it was, sitting on my porch!!! 

I was soo excited, I barely waited an hour (and I don't know how I did that!) before I had the box torn open to see the brick up close and extremely personal.  I showed my DH and even he was impressed at the quality of work...


The pieces are just gorgeous, I'm very happy with all the components...the walls may be MDF on the inside, but that is all going to be covered up with wallpaper anyways...the floors are gorgeous plywood, meaning I can either stain them as is or cover them with something else, either way, the options are great!!! :)

Box of components...

I went through both sets of directions a few times and kept envisioning how I want this build to go and I have also frequented the http://www.dhbuilder.com/ website.

There is a great picture tutorial on this exact house build, (found here).  While it really helps to see pictures of the same exact build, (particularly from the manufacturer) I intend to build my house a little differently.   It helps to see pictures of another build of the same house, (particularly when they come direct from the manufacturer!).

Now the fun begins!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment