Monday, November 12, 2012

Back From A Long Hiatus ~

So I am back! 

I know that I’ve been gone for a very long time, and the reasons are extremely personal.  I would much rather keep the blog focus on getting back to the Farmhouse and bog down with the whys… So I will just say “HI!” and “I’m back!  Did you miss me?”

I would like to try to do a big push to getting the Farmhouse complete or at least near complete before the Holidays.  I have some time right now where I’m going to be stuck at home with not a lot to do, so it makes the perfect opportunity for me to miniature my heart out!  

So let’s pick up were we left off…
The last thing I showed you was that I had glued the main structure together, attached the porch boards, run the wire channels and showed you a preview mock-up of my patio area that I want to create.  I got stopped up by something with the house, which had initially been the reason for my hold.  I kept getting into a mental funk about it, and wondering what it was that was stopping me, and now I know what it is.  The wiring channels!!!

I had run and cut the wiring channels in order to make my floor work, however, I’m unhappy with the decisions on the wire channels and I’m going to sacrifice my floor and budget (because I’ll have to figure out a new floor).  So I’m going back and going to re-cut my wiring channels in order to make them work out the way that I want. 

I next want to go really “farmhouse” on this.  I’m going to stick right with the feel that this house keeps giving me and I’m changing out the wallpaper,  and possibly part of the patio) and some of my interior lights also. 
Here are my ideas for lights…

Exterior Coach Lights

Table Lights

Ceiling Lights

Floor Lamps

I’m super happy with this decision as I’ve not really seen what I’m planning (as far as decor goes) on another house, let alone a half scale house… I hope you like it too!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment