Thursday, November 15, 2012

1/2scale Buttercup/Christmas House (Part I)...

The 1/2scale Buttercup is a really sweet house, it's also done in laser-cut so there is virtually no sanding necessary... I am coming up with some final design ideas while I wait for the house itself to arrive. 

The first thing that I did was to pick the wallpaper and flooring. 

For the wallpaper I chose two prints from a small collection of holiday papers that I found online.  The flooring I chose the red oak hardwood paper by Houseworks.  I was debating on lighting the house, and decided against it, but I will divulge more on that later. 

The house is so small that too much furniture will make it looked over-crowded and cramped, so I'm trying to chose just the right pieces and their placements and create more of a "scene" than a "house"... 

The outside of the house I'm a little nervous and excited about.  I plan to texture the outside, like stucco.  I have never done that to a house before so I'm a little nervous on how to do it and hope that it will come out the way that I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment