Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holidays On The Mind ~

I have to admit, I am suffering from a HUGE case of the "Holidays On The Mind" right now!!! 

I think it might have to do with what I found at Michaels the other day...



These are all buttons!!!  They come in packs like this...the first is stockings, then a cookie display, there are really tiny cookie cutters in there!  and the last is some Holly Berries.  I found these in a holiday aisle at Michaels, (very randomly)...they have my head buzzing!!!  

I probably got into the whole dollhouse hobby in order to be able to decorate it for the different yearly holidays.  In the length of time I've been working on dollhouses, I have nothing to show for being able to decorate a house...so I decided to do a holiday themed house instead!

I'm going to take a small pause from the Farmhouse, (yeah, I know I just started on it again!).  You can blame Greenleaf for that!  They had a big sale to celebrate the end of the election season and of course, I took part. 

I ended up with a laser-cut 1/2scale Buttercup kit...


I want to make this a house you might see in the North Pole, not so much a "gingerbread" house, but more along the lines of a house that an Elf might actually live in.  I want to use some of the button/decorations I showed you above, of course a decorated tree, some special wallpaper that I found, and lights.  I am going to make this very "cozy/cottage" with possibly a fireplace, just have to decide if I'm willing to lose a window for that!  

I am pretty excited about this house, I can't wait to get started on it.  This particular house is really only two rooms, so it shouldn't take very long to finish it at all...that's the plan/hope anyways!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great Michael's finds! I wish we had them here too.
    Making a North Pole house will be a wonderful project. I'am looking forward for your posts on it.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I need to head to Michaels! Glad you are back to
    mini-ing!!

    ReplyDelete