Friday, June 29, 2012

More on the Porch ~

I was able to do some more work on the porch. 
I think this is becoming my favorite part of the house, (right now anyways)...

I mentioned previously that I had painted the porch floor base black.  I had pre-cut enough strips to cover the width, (I plan on boxing it in around the edges, but need more bass-wood strips).  I taped them down with masking tape, 3 strips at a time.  Once they were all glued, I taped them vertically to keep them together...



I wish that you could see better the detail that this has to it... I am so impressed, (if the bass-wood per strip cost less money I would be using it as flooring for the entire house, I love it that much!)  Here's a close-up image so you can see maybe why I like it as much as I do... :)


The house is all glued together and I was able to take the tape off of it.  I have yet to add the third floor or the bay yet, and that's because I still need to access the interior for decorating and without either of these in place yet, it will make it that much easier.  Until then I put up the porch to the house so I can see how it looks so far...


I then propped up the primed red door to see how it will look...

I have a big plan for the farmhouse that I had been planning on waiting to show you until I was further along, but I am excited about it, so check back on Monday for more!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. The porch looks beautiful. Cant wait to see more.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always come back to see what your doing,you are doing such great work,I enjoy keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete