Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Farmhouse?

I think you are all not speaking to me any more... probably because I've been gone for a while now, and another hint I got when none of you read the Glencroft post... (hint taken)...

I haven't much to post, as I haven't had much time to work recently... (hence the absence!)... I did decide to do some work to the long neglected 1/2scale Farmhouse though.  Being 1/2scale it's much easier to work on... really, it's like oh, here's the small little house that fits on a TV tray stand and in half the time you can do double the work!

When I last left off on the farmhouse I was working on the front door...I had gotten it mostly painted and ready for installation. 

I had also cut the crown molding for a great deal of the first floor, (though not done yet...). 

I don't think I mentioned this in a previous post either, but I also finished painting the first coat of the exterior color.  The color is really light, but it's shown in the pictures below... :)

I did a quick dry-fit last night, ensuring that I had packed all the pieces together, and made some decor decisions... one being my porch floor...

To the left is 1/2scale Greenleaf siding strips
To the right is some bass-wood sticks I picked up at Michaels

I think I'm liking the bass-wood a bit better,
and I think I'm going to go horizontal instead
I need to order the flooring for the inside of the house, but until then I started gluing the main structure together.  I'm thinking I've gone as far as I can without the structure being together... I forgot the camera for this part, but it's boring anyways... ;)



3 comments:

  1. Are you sure I didn't read the Glencroft post - I 'm sure I read the Glencroft post!
    I guess 1/2 scale is easier at the construction stage, but I'm not sure if the decorating is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd, I wonder if I read your posts through reader instead of actually opening up your front page; that it doesn't come up in a read count? I've also had reader skip a few posts recently... In any event glad to see you got some mini time again and things have settled down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure this is going to be a beautiful house :)
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete