Thursday, June 28, 2012

More on the Farmhouse ~

So I learned two things yesterday...
1 - You do read my posts, Blogger doesn't count my readers correctly...
2 - I cannot comment on my own blog! :P

I tried so hard to respond individually to your lovely comments, I adore getting them...makes me feel special... ;)  However, I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I cannot respond back. 

Moving on ~

I had the opportunity to assemble more of the house today...here she is! :)


I had debated on the porch floor, (you saw in my post yesterday) and after I saw the pictures I really loved the bass-wood option, however, I rotated the wood strips to go horizontally. 

 I opted not to make it like a staggered wood floor, I really wanted the look of a deck.  I know that it's hard to even see, but I'm hoping once it's painted and finished it will look much more notice-able. 

Here it is against the house...
The real porch floor is just a piece of plywood, and these strips will lie on top of that, so I painted the plywood solid black so if there ended up being separation of the strips of bass-wood, you would see only the black underneath.

I also did some work on the windows and doors.  I must have been off in the distance somewhere yesterday because I am up here posting pictures of this yellow house and dark ivory windows.  After poking around in older Farmhouse posts of mine, I found my inspiration photos and realized it's just been a long time since I worked on the house and hadn't finished the windows. 

I sanded off the ivory color and then spray painted everything, (I personally think the finish is better with the spray paint).  I need to add the varnish and then these are done, (with the exception of the opposite side of the front door... ;)
I'm really happy with how they came out... :)

I then pulled all the tape off, (because the house is dry enough now), and checked out my wiring channels, pretty much just re-visiting my ideas/plans, refreshing myself.



I'm pretty happy with those too... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment