Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Foundation, Pt. I

Back in my planning stages for this house I knew that I wanted to stone the foundation in some way. 

I had tried previously to use the MagicBrik system, in my first few shots with it I've found that I'm not very good at using it in a number of ways, my textures are always wrong, I peel it up too soon, I never remember to mix it with some glue, and most importantly, even if you do it all the "right" way, it's quite possible to still end up with some mess, and I'm way to meticulous to have that happen when it could easily be prevented...

I had usually ended up going with a textured gray spray paint, like I did with the 1/2scale RGT Bungalow.  I wanted to do something a little more detailed, so I thought to go back to the MagicBrik and try again. 

That was, until the other day that is...
I was reading a fellow "mini-er" blogger who was decorating her 1/2scale house for the Holidays.  She mentioned that her decorations had come from Lemax Christmas Village displays.  I hadn't ever really thought about using them before, but I happened to be in Michael's Craft Store the other day and decided to poke on over to the display... I happened upon this!!!

They are rolls of Brick and Pebbles and are sold in a two-pack, (one roll of each kind).  At the price, (and an extra 40% off!), I really couldn't resist and picked up two packages.  I'm hoping, (as of right now) that the brick will make up my foundation for the Country Farmhouse. 

I also, so as not to waste, intend to use the pebble to help me create a walk-way and also possibly under my outdoor porch area. 

The reasons I'm a little nervous are that I am not quite certain it's correct to scale.  I'm hoping, but I'm not positive.  I'm thinking, even if it's close enough to work, that I can conceal it a bit with strategically placed outdoor plants!!!  The second issue I face is that the foundation is very slim, (as in not very wide).  I believe, that probably the best idea for the foundation would be to create a sand grit and paint combination, but that's too plain for me, so I'm really hoping to conjure up a workable solution with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment