Monday, January 30, 2012

Some Changes...

Since I last left my half scale farmhouse we were working on the lighting channels.  I showed you how I determined where to cut, and how I did it.  Now that all my lighting channels are cut I only have a few remaining steps before I can work on the assembly of the house.  Before I can think about assembly though, I am working on changing the exterior colors. 

Lately I have had a lot of moments where frustration over this house has set in, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I have no motivation to do anything with it.  I know that I love almost every aspect of this house, except the exterior color choices I made.  I don't know why, but I cannot get past this color.  So realizing that's where the problem lies I've decided to do something about it.

I honestly feel like the (completely unassembled house) is sitting up yelling at me, saying that "You'd better change the exterior colors for me because I am not happy"... I suppose if other people have dolls that talk to them, the the house can talk to me.  It has been pretty persistant, so I'm going to listen!!!

The original exterior color I chose was Italian Sage by FolkArt with Linen and Wicker White as the accent colors. 
Here's a "reminder"

I've decided to go with a muted yellow color and really give it a "farmhouse" feeling.  The color that I chose is the same yellow used here on the RGT 1/2scale Bungalow dollhouse, (this image taken from their website). 

Being that I already finished a green house, (coincidentally the 1/2scale Bungalow I finished for my mother), I wanted something with a different feel.  Of all colors that I had considered, this yellow, to me anyways, seemed more of the direction I wanted to take. 

The first step at this point, because if you can remember this far back, I had painted the house all blue, then primed over that and painted it the green, is to sand off as much of the paint as I can.  A word to the wise here...PRIME!  I am sanding off the green, and it is coming off very well, but, as I'm sanding, I'm remembering that I did not prime the house before I painted the blue...originally!  So the blue is not coming off as easily as I would like.  I am burning through sandpaper faster than you might even believe!!!

As slow going as it is, it's still going, and I have a great new inspiration for wanting to work on this house...so I'm stoked that as soon as the sanding is finished, you are going to start to see some awesome progress being made!!!


P.S.

Just an update on my "Give-Away", the box was received and I think the "new owner" loved it, (maybe not as much as her dad though!), here is a link to watch the video of her opening it, (with the unexpected help of her dad, which I find ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!)... Check it out if you are interested...and then stick around and watch some of her other videos...


No comments:

Post a Comment