Sunday, January 27, 2013

More on the Fairfield...

So I have spent a couple days of doing tedious, but necessary things for the Fairfield.  Priming, sanding, cutting and filling in holes, sanding and cutting. 

Here are some changes to main walls that I've made...


(From the left ~)
#1 - I filled in the mantel holes on the fireplaces. 
#2 - I filled in the doorway on the kitchen wall
#3 - I cut a first floor window in one side of the tower
#4 - I cut railings from the staircase off the main support wall and the kitchen side wall

I then primed everything, painted underneath the two porch floors.  Primed the ceilings for paint, dry-fitted the kitchen again and came up with the final counter layout.  I had played around with adding a bay window to the kitchen, but have thus decided against it, I will stay with the two windows that are there. 


I did decide on another structural change...the bathroom window has got to go!  Who has such a large window in a bathroom, unless you live in a big house...seeing as this is the only bath in the house and that window takes up a lot of room, and privacy (for my invisible people living here), it has to go.  I am still up in the air about the two windows or just one, I am leaning towards just one.  Instinct will win out... ;)


Finally on the great idea of someone else, I decided to make the first floor fireplace a dual one...this will serve so many purposes, (to the invisible family)... :P  This was pretty easy to do, I had already built the fireplace unit so I just cut out the bottom middle, and I intend to have a working fire in there... I like it, actually I more than like it!!! :)  My grandma had a 3-sided fireplace in her home, and it brings back some memories to kind of re-create that... :)


1 comment: