Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Exterior Color Pt. II

So I mentioned last week that I was working on an exterior color change... well, I'm still working!!! :P

I have spent about a long time sanding and sanding...Just to show you how long this is actually taking...

I worked on this single wall all day today, literally, and this is how far I've gotten...(remember, to get the true-est color yellow, I want to get as much of the green and blue off as possible...)


I ended up at Home Depot yesterday and picked up the paint color.  I told you previously that I was going with the same yellow as what was shown on the RGT 1/2scale Bungalow on their website, (a very light yellow)...when I requested the paint color from them, they sent me the combination...unfortunately the people at Home Depot were not willing to mix the paint in that way...so I ended up choosing my own yellow...

I chose this size sample...this is quite large enough to cover the house, it's only $3.00 and they mix the color you want...
I opted for Cornsilk by Behr... I don't particularly like the online sample because I don't think it's very true to color...the actual sample I have and the paint that was mixed are much different than this internet rendition, so I'm not going to post it here...you will have to wait until the walls are painted!!! :)

The coordinating colors are going to be Poppy Seed, White, and Grayling, (all by Behr)...



No comments:

Post a Comment