Friday, December 2, 2011

Finally...a blog post worth reading ;)

Yes...finally, a blog post of mine worth reading... ;)

Yes, I am fully aware that every post is worth reading, (even if it's just my mom reading them ;), but this one we are finally getting down to actual work/assembly...no more fiddle-faddle.

I had told you previously that I would be lighting this house, it's now a done deal.  I am waiting for the one electrical supply that I didn't already have in my stock, (1/2scale electrical outlets), and I will be starting!

I have decided to do the round wire method for this house, (my other option being tape-wire).  I chose round because it seemed much easier on a house this size.  The brads and soldering wires just seemed like it might be more difficult in 1/2scale, add to that it would really only be my 2nd time with tape-wire and it made for a bad equation, (at least for me!).   

While I am wiring the house, I'm not going too crazy with lots of lights. 

The first floor lights will consist of an exterior light on the front porch, a light in the living room, and one in the kitchen.  The second floor will have a light in the bedroom and the bathroom.  And finally the third floor will have a light where the office will be.  It seems like it's more than it really is, after writing it down that is, but I really just wanted one light per floor.  It worked out that I had some extras to add a little bit.  I can't wait to reveal my choices, but that will come a little later. 

I can't wait to start the process!!!  I will begin with the exterior porch light, so stay tuned... ;)

2 comments:

  1. how exciting! i can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see pictures! btw - I am a faithful follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete