Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Making "Preparations"

I have to admit, at the prospect of "resurrecting" the Woodstock, I am as giddy as a young child at Christmas!!! :) 

I have told you previously that I keep a binder, a tip from a miniatures book I read once, and I must say that it's very handy to have.  This binder is probably so complete that it would make the most dedicated miniaturist roll their eyes at me.  However I hold no shame because I believe you really need to be prepared in some aspects, and I figure that I now have all the bases covered!!! :)

For me, it is important to determine a layout for the house, right now that is stamped down in writing, (literally).  Each room is written out onto a separate piece of graph paper, and each graph paper contains the following information:

Which room it is and it's location (there is also a date, in case I change my mind on design)
The Wish List - what I don't have for the room that I want to purchase
The Decor List - wallpaper colors and flooring preferred, etc.
The Component List - defines out an interior door, a single window, a bay window, etc.
The Furniture List - lists out the furniture I own, that will go into this room, (so I don't duplicate or not use)
The Light List - the fixtures I have that I will use, or that I want to order and where and how much they are
A Floor Plan - a rough idea of where I want pieces of furniture to go, really just highlights where windows and doors are...

Yeah, I know, a little too much, but with a house of this size, I find it necessary... it can get very confusing, at least to me, and being a big list person already, this is second nature to me...(you should see my RL house binder!!!)

This also takes away the "impulse" buying, and trust me, I'm famous for it!!!  It keeps a hold on everything and helps me keep track of what I don't need to spend money on and what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment